648 Technical Theater I
648 Technical Theatre I
1 semester, ½ credit
Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
This is an introductory theater course which surveys many aspects of theater production. Course work includes an introduction to technical theater including lighting, sound, front of house, and set construction. Technical Theater I is the prerequisite for 652 Technical Theater II.
By the completion of this course, students will be able to...
- Analyze scripts for technical concepts and designs.
- Identify and define basic stage terminology.
- Identify and define basic stagecraft terminology.
- Utilize the basics of set, lighting, sound, and front of house designs.
- Research, write, and discuss reviews of theatrical productions.
By the completion of the course, students will know...
- Basic stage and theater terminology
- Lighting terminology and basics of lighting execution
- Set construction safety and basics of set terminology and construction
- Sound terminology and basics of sound execution
- Front of house terminology and basics of house execution
This course last updated on January 27, 2021, by the Fine Arts Department.