334 Honors Spanish IV
2 semesters, 2 credits (With SLU 1818 option)
Open to seniors
Prerequisites: 333 Spanish III and teacher approval. Note that to qualify for the 1818 option through Saint Louis University, a student must have a minimum grade of B (3.33) in 332 Spanish III and a minimum GPA of 3.33.
By the completion of this course, students will be able to...
- Communicate interpersonally and presentationally in Spanish with a higher quality of fluency and oral proficiency.
- Speak and write with more accurate control of grammar, improved pronunciation, and a richer vocabulary.
- Interpret written and spoken Spanish in everyday and academic situations
- Read and discuss novels in Spanish.
- View and discuss authentic, comprehensible input (videos, shows, songs, news programs, etc) in Spanish.
- Examine in greater depth the everyday lives of Spanish speakers.
By the completion of this course, students will know...
- More complex grammar and vocabulary in Spanish
- Academic Spanish and many colloquial expressions and phrases in Spanish
- An abundance of information about the people that speak Spanish, their culture, traditions, histories, celebrations, and music
This course may be taken for college credit. If student elects to take this course for college credit (St. Louis University course SPAN 1020 and SPAN 2010, 3 credits each), an additional fee will apply.
This course last updated on August 27, 2019, by the Foreign Language Department.