525 Biology I
2 semesters, 1 credit
Required for freshmen not taking 526 Advanced Biology I
By the completion of this course, students will be able to…
- Use the scientific method in lab research activities.
- Create graphs of data for analysis.
- Distinguish the science of biology and describe the characteristics of living things.
- Describe precisely the structures and activities of the cell.
- Understand the generation and use of energy in living systems.
- Identify the basic patterns of inheritance and principles of heredity.
- Relate the Principle of Natural Selection with the Theory of Evolution.
- Apply content to real world situations
By the completion of this course, students will know…
- How Biology is a science
- Chemical basis for life
- Cell structure, function, and energy
- Nucleic acids
- Cell growth and division
- Genetics, human heredity, and genetic engineering
This curriculum last updated on January 4, 2019, by the Science Department.